Eating organic raw food is as old as the human race. Long before cooking food was even considered, man ate the food God provided in its natural state. Genesis 1:29 states: “Then God said, ‘I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.” Long ago man learned that cooking some foods, especially meats, extended the time in which it was safe to eat it without becoming sick. This became the first step to processing and preserving foods.
As the population of the world grew, providing food to the masses living in the city became a problem to be resolved. The development of freezers and chemical preservatives extended the shelf life of many foods. Super markets came into being and a revolution in eating habits took place. Unfortunately, along with the change in food choices also started the deterioration in health and the beginning of chemically preserved foods, pharmaceuticals and western medicine.
The human race learned long ago that cooking meat before eating helped keep them from getting sick. Since then, the practice of cooking has expanded to include all types of foods and is now considered an art. Very few Americans eat meals which include raw elements, except for the leafy green salad, and it is usually made of iceberg lettuce. In a country where ketchup is considered a vegetable in school lunches, it is time for another revolution in eating habits.
Eating organic raw food brings Nature’s intentions into focus. Eating raw refers to fruit, nuts, and vegetables, in their natural state, direct from tree, bush or vine.
It isn’t easy to simply abandon years of tradition and revert back to 100% raw food. Margaret Mead once said, “It is easier to change a man’s religion than to change his diet.” Those looking for better heath can begin by incorporating more organic raw foods into their daily lifestyle. Following are several advantages to eating organic raw food.
1. Raw foods are complete foods and come packaged with their own digestive enzymes; therefore you do not need to eat as much to satisfy your nutritional needs. The heat of cooking depletes vitamins, damages proteins and fats, and destroys enzymes which benefit digestion.
2. Organic raw foods do not put chemical fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides into the body reducing the stress on the liver. russian food store
3. You can lose weight. As your percentage of raw foods increases you feel satisfied and have more energy on smaller meals because raw food has the best balance of water, nutrients, and fiber to meet the body’s nutritional needs.
4. Raw foods have more flavor than cooked foods so there is no need for additional salt, sugar, or other processed condiments that can irritate the digestion system.
5. Even a child of 5 or 6 can prepare most of the items for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This gives children a sense of self-esteem and independence, not to mention the break it gives Mom and Dad.
6. Eating a diet of organic raw foods can reverse or stop the advance of many chronic diseases, including heart disease and cancer. Remember, cooking creates free radicals, which are the major cause of cancer. Chemicals also increase free radicals. When you lower the number of free radicals your cells are bombarded with, you lower your risk of cancer.